1. Would you watch or be tempted to watch a show like Ape House?
I might watch a bit of it at first because I would be interested in the bonobos, but it seems like the show is just as cheesy and fake as other reality TV shows so I would probably lose interest quickly. And I would definitely not pay a subscription fee to watch it!
2. Do you think John did the right thing by quitting his job and moving to L.A.?
I think it was the right decision for him. His boss was obviously persecuting him and looking for any reason to fire him; he really didn't have much of a future at the newspaper in Philly. And his wife was out in L.A.; he wanted to be with her and support her. It was a risky, scary decision since he didn't have a job when he moved and they needed his paycheck, but I can understand why he did what he did.
3. We haven't seen a whole lot of Isabel in this section, but what do you think of Peter now that we know more about him?
I'm SO glad that Isabel isn't engaged to him anymore. What a creep! She is way better off without him.
4. Can John turn the ape story for the tabloid into something he is proud of? Is he getting a little bit of redemption by being assigned to his dream story again even if it is for a tabloid?
I think that John can write a wonderful article on the bonobos for the tabloid, but whether the tabloid publishes it or not is a different story. His boss could also edit his story a lot to make it more "tabloid-friendly." I hope that doesn't happen and he can write his dream story the way that he wants to and that it will lead to better opportunities for him, but his boss doesn't seem that supportive so that might be very unlikely.
5. Have your thoughts on John and Amanda's marriage changed since last week? Where do you see their marriage headed?
I was getting worried that Amanda was turning into a "Hollywood bot" when she started getting work done on her face and buying really expensive clothes, but I was really relieved when she became fed up with trying to fit in and regretted moving to L.A. and the damage she had done to her marriage. I think John and Amanda are going to be OK. I think that their marriage is going to survive and that they're going to have a baby.
6. What do you think will end up happening to the apes?
I think that as soon as the ratings for Ape House dip, Faulks is going to try to get rid of the apes. I have a feeling that he'll try to sell them to a testing lab, but I hope that they eventually go to a zoo or sanctuary where Isabel can take care of them.